LaSky project is being implemented by Charitable Foundation “To Support of Social Initiatives and Public Health” in Moscow, Russia
Our Mission is to contribute to decreasing HIV and STI spread among the most vulnerable groups in Russia through provision of accurate and cutting-edge information and practices of HIV/STI prevention and treatment, reducing stigma and discrimination and increasing tolerance towards stigmatized and discriminated groups
Our Values: Tolerance. Equality. Mutual Support
LaSky Project Objectives
- Decrease high risky sexual behavior among MSM
- Increase HIV/STI counseling, testing and treatment among MSM
- Empower and mobilize LGBTI-community to overcome consequences of HIV and other socially significant diseases in Russia
- Strengthen partnership with governmental and non-governmental organizations to stop and reduce negative results of HIV and other communicable diseases spreading among MSM in Russia
- Contribute to capacity building of NGOs implementing aimed-at MSM prevention projects in Russia
LaSky Project Activities
- Outreach activities in gay and MSM venues
- Community-Based Voluntary Counseling and Testing (CBVCT) among MSM in the premises of LaSky Service Center in Moscow
- Peer support, counseling and case-management for HIV-positive MSM
- Support groups for HIV-positive MSM
- Information, education and communication trainings for MSM
- Support for targeted web-based MSM resources
- Trainings and workshops for medical and social specialists working with MSM
- Bio-behavioral, behavioral and Internet surveys aimed at MSM
- Free distribution of condoms, lubricants and information and education materials
Our principal donor is Global Fund together with Open Health Institute (OHI, Russia).
80% of organization`s personnel are members of LGBTI-community. The organization`s staff includes employees, activists and volunteers who provide prevention services and activities to strengthen community systems and advocacy.
To date, our project is the only project in Moscow which provides outreach in gay clubs, saunas and beaches, as well as Community-Based Voluntary Counseling and testing among MSM in the premises of LaSky`s Service Center. One of our goals is to increase the coverage of outreach services, counseling and testing for MSM from Moscow region.
Thanks to the cooperation with the Moscow Community Centre for LGBTI (our centers are located on one floor in the same office building), we have increased the number of group activities, provided clients with VCT, health-related counseling and support, created a secure space for LGBTI with different types of services including case-management for HIV-positive ones.
We have gained extensive experience and expertise in conducting various information campaign of HIV prevention among MSM and production of high-quality informational educational materials. We have productive and constructive relationships with gay clubs’ leaders, and it will help us to launch and support our social media campaign.
LaSky-Moscow project has made every effort to draw attention to their work and cooperation with specialists from Moscow Regional AIDS Clinic. We agreed with Moscow Regional AIDS Clinic agreed about “simplified” access to health facilities services (by receiving a phone call from outreach workers etc.) for MSM including non-Russian citizens and labor migrants. We are interested in strengthening our possible partnerships with other medical institutions providing services for MSM and HIV-positive people.
As a leader of informal LaSky Network, we are interested in strengthening MSM community in Russia and capacity of organizations working with MSM in Russia. We have got much experience in organizing and conducting study tours, trainings and workshops, supervisions and support for professionals in other organizations from LaSky Network.
Thus, implementing this project initiative, we will strengthen the capacity of our organization and will be able to share our experience with other organizations working with MSM, contributing to strengthening MSM community in Russia.
Reach us at:
Office: apt.311, floor 3, bldg.46/2, Myasnitskaya street, Moscow, Russian Federation
Phone: +7 (495) 625-2025